Greg Laurie Biography
Greg Laurie is an American evangelical author, pastor, and evangelist who serves as a senior pastor of Harvest Christian Fellowship, based in Riverside, California. Laurie is the founder of Harvest Crusades, also the subject of the 2023 film Jesus Revolution, which tells the story of how he converted to Christianity and got his start in ministry.
Greg Laurie Age
How old is Laurie? He is 71 years old as of 2023. He was born on December 10, 1952, in Long Beach, California, the United States of America. Laurie celebrates his birthday on December 10 every year.
Greg Laurie Education
At the age of 17 years old, he became a devout Christian at Newport Harbor High School under the ministry of evangelist Lonnie Frisbee, as the Jesus Movement was exploding in Southern California in 1970.
Greg Laurie Height|Weight
Laurie stands on an average height of 5 feet 7 inches and weighs around 70kgs.
Greg Laurie Family
Laurie was born in Long Beach, California, and was raised by a single mother who had seven marriages; they later moved to different locations such as New Jersey and Hawaii. Laurie worked as a newspaper boy for the Daily Pilot in Orange County, California. when he was 17 years old, he became a devout Christian at Newport Harbor high school under the ministry of evangelist Lonnie Frisbee, as the Jesus Movement was exploding in southern California.
Greg Laurie Wife|Married
Laurie is happily married and resides in Newport Beach with his wife, Catherine
Greg Laurie Children
The couple had two sons, Christopher and Jonathan, as well as five grandchildren. Christopher was killed at the scene of a 9 a.m. car accident on the eastbound Riverside Freeway West of Serfas Club Drive in Corona, California, aged 33yrs old.
Greg Laurie Career
At the age of 20, in 1973 under the mentorship of Calvary Chapel pastor chuck smith, gave Laurie an opportunity to lead a bible study of 30 people in Riverside, California. Laurie founded the Harvest Crusades, an organization that hosts large-scale evangelistic events around the U.S. in 1990.
Additionally, he serves on the board of directors for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. He is also a chaplain for the Newport beach police Department. he was served as an Honorary Chairman of the National Day of Prayer Task Force. In 2017, during the presidential inauguration, President Donald Trump selected pastor Laurie to participate in the national prayer service hosted at the Washington National Cathedral.
Harvest Christian Fellowship became a member of the southern baptist Convention in 2017, at the request of Laurie. the church maintains its ties with Calvary Chapel.
Greg Laurie Books
- New Living Translation. Wheaton, Ill: Tyndale House Publishers. 2000.
- Every Day with Jesus: First Steps for New Believers. Wheaton, Ill: Tyndale House Publishers. 2004. I
- Losers and Winners, Saints and Sinners: How to Finish Strong in the Spiritual Race. New York: Warner Faith. 2005.
- Wrestling with God. S.l: Multnomah Pub. 2006.
- Lost Boy: My Story. Allen David / Kerygma;b. 2008.
- Let God Change Your Life: How to Know and Follow Jesus. U.K.: David C. Cook. 2011.
- Steve McQueen: The Salvation of an American Icon. American Icon Press. 2017.
- Jesus Revolution: How God Transformed an unlikely generation and how he can do it again today. Grand Rapids, Michigan: Baker Books. 2018.
- Johnny Cash: The Redemption of An American Icon. Terrill Marshall. Washington, DC: Salem Books. 2019.
- World Changers: How God Uses Ordinary People to Do Extraordinary Things. Larry Libby. Grand Rapids, Michigan: Baker Books, a division of Baker Publishing Group. 2020.
- Lennon, Dylan, Alice, and Jesus. 2022.
Greg Laurie Films
- Lost Boy
- Hope for Hurting Hearts
- A Rush of Hope
- Steve McQueen: American Icon
- Johnny Cash: The Redemption of an American Icon
- Jesus Revolution
He is working on a seventh documentary, about fame and faith.