Harold Evans Biography
Harold Evans is a newspaper editor, historian and author reporter, columnist, broadcaster, author, and former publishing executive. He is also the founder of Conde Nast Traveler. The renowned anchor and historian is also known for his work with the New York Daily News, the Atlantic Monthly, The Week, The Guardian, Reuters, and US News and World Report, as well as for his acclaimed, full-length nonfiction work The American Century.
After high school, Harold joined Durham University where he graduated with a degree.
Harold Evans Age
Harold was born in the year 1928 and celebrates his birthday on 28th June
Harold Evans Family
Harold was born to Welsh parents in Patri croft, Eccles, United Kingdom and later in the mid-1980s, he moved to the United States of America. When Harold moved to the United States of America where he taught at Duke University.
Harold Evans Nationality
Harold holds a British and American nationality.
Harold Evans Wives
The renowned journalist has been in two marriages. He first married Enid Parker in 1953 who was his fellow Durham graduate. Unfortunately, the marriage did not work out and got divorced in 1978. On 20 August in 1981, he married Tina Brown who is the Editor-in-Chief of both Newsweek and The Daily Beast, media maven. Their wedding was at Grey Gardens in East Hampton, New York.
Harold Evans Children
Harold has five children.
Harold Evans Home
Currently, Harold resides in England.
Harold Evans Height
Harold Evans height not available right now. We will update Harold’s Height, weight, Body Measurements, Eye Color, Hair Color, Shoe & Dress size soon as possible.
Harold began his career at the age of 16 years as a reporter for a weekly newspaper in Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancashire. After completing his national service in the Royal Air Force, he started editing “Palatinate” a university newspaper. Evans became an assistant editor of the Manchester Evening News and won a Harkness Fellowship in 1956 to 1957 for travel and study in the United States. Evans gained a reputation on his return from the United States when he was appointed the editor of the regional daily The Northern Echo.
The renowned anchor and historian is also known for his work with the New York Daily News, the Atlantic Monthly, The Week, The Guardian, Reuters, and US News and World Report, as well as for his acclaimed, full-length nonfiction work The American Century. He has worked with BBC Radio 4; A Point of View, Love letter to America, BBC audio interview and They Made America.
Harold Evans Discography
- Editing and Design.
- Essential English for Journalists, Editors and Writers.
- Newspaper Design.
- Editing and Design.
- Handling Newspaper Text.
- News Headlines.
- Front Page History: Events of Our Century That Shook the World.
- Good Times, Bad Times.
- Editing and Design: Book 2: Handling Newspaper Text.
- Assignments: The Press Photographers’ Association Yearbook (Assignments) (1988) by Harold Evans (commentary), Anna Tait (editor).
- Makers of Photographic History.
- Eyewitness 2: 3 Decades Through World Press Photos.
- Pictures on a Page: Photo-Journalism, Graphics, and Picture Editing.
- The American Century.
- War of Words: Memoirs of a South African Journalist.
- Shots in the Dark: True Crime Pictures.
- The Best American Magazine Writing 2001 (2001) Harold Evans (editor).
- The BBC Reports: On America, Its Allies and Enemies, and the Counterattack on Terrorism.
- Best American Magazine Writing 2002.
- War Stories: Reporting in the Time of Conflict from the Crimea to Iraq.
- We the People.
- My Paper Chase: True Stories of Vanished Times.
- Do I Make Myself Clear?
Harold Evans Awards
- Named one of International Press Institute’s 50 World Press Freedom Heroes of the past fifty years- 2000
- Appointed Knight Bachelor by Queen Elizabeth II for services to journalism- 2004
- Recipient of Kraszna-Krausz Foundation’s Outstanding Contribution to Publishing Award- 2015
Harold Evans Net Worth
He has an estimation of $19 Million dollars.