William Bennett Biography
William Bennett is a skilled American Conservative Pundit, Politician, Political Theorist, and Author. In addition, he is popularly known for serving as the Secretary of Education under President Ronald Reagan, from 1985 to 1988, and as the Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy under President George H. W. Bush. Currently, he writes for National Review Online, National Review, and Commentary.
William Bennett Age
How old is Bennett? He is 80 years old as of 2023. He was born on July 31, 1943, in New York City, New York, United States of America. Bennett celebrates his birthday on the 31st of July every year.
William Bennett Education
Bennett enrolled at Gonzaga College High School, in Washington, D.C. He attended and graduated from Williams College in 1965, and was a member of the Kappa Alpha Society. Bennett then joined the University of Texas at Austin, graduating with a Ph.D. in Political Philosophy in 1970. He later enrolled at Harvard Law School, from where he received a J.D. in 1971.
William Bennett Height|Weight
He stands on an average height of 5 feet 7 inches and weighs around 90kgs
William Bennett Family
Bennett was born to his parents Nancy (née Walsh) and F. Robert Bennett New York City, New York. His father F. Robert is a banker, while his mother Nancy is a medical secretary. He was brought up alongside his elder sibling brother named Robert S. Bennett, who is an American attorney and Senior Counsel to Bennett LoCicero & Liu LLP.
William Bennett Wife
Bennett is happily married to Mary Elayne Glover “Elayne” Bennett, the president and founder of Best Friends Foundation, a national program promoting sexual abstinence among adolescents. The duo tied the knot in 1982, and they are blessed with two children, all sons named Joseph and John Bennett.
William Bennett Children|Sons
Bennett and his wife are blessed with two children, all sons named Joseph and John Bennett, hence he has not disclosed information regarding his sons. This information will be updated as soon as it is available.
William Bennett Career
From 1985 to 1988, Bennett served as the Secretary of Education under President Ronald Reagan, and as the Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy under President George H. W. Bush. Currently, he writes for National Review Online, National Review, and Commentary.
Additionally, he is also a host of the podcast ‘The Bill Bennett Show’ in 2017 and is an advisor to Project Lead The Way and Beanstalk Innovation. He is an active member of the National Security Advisory Council of the Center for Security Policy (CSP). He has written numerous books including ‘The Book of Virtues: A Treasury of Great Moral Stories’, ‘The Death of Outrage: Bill Clinton and the Assault on American Ideals’, ‘And tried by Fire: The Story of Christianity’s First Thousand Years’, among others.
William Bennett’s Book of Virtues
“The Book of Virtues” is a book by Bennett, which is composed of a compilation of moral stories about courage, responsibility, friendship, and other examples of virtue. He has also written some of its sub-books titled “The Book of Virtues: A Treasury of Great Moral Stories” and “The Children’s Book of Virtues.”
William Bennett Books
- First Lessons. A Report on Elementary Education in America
- James Madison High School: A Curriculum For American Students
- The De-Valuing of America: The Fight for Our Culture and Our Children
- Moral Compass: Stories for a Life’s Journey
- Body Count: Moral Poverty … and How to Win America’s War Against Crime and Drugs
- Our Sacred Honor
- The Index of Leading Cultural Indicators
- The Educated Child: A Parent’s Guide from Preschool through Eighth Grade
- The Broken Hearth: Reversing the Moral Collapse of the American Family
- Why We Fight: Moral Clarity and the War on Terrorism
- America: The Last Best Hope (Volume I): From the Age of Discovery to a World at War
- The American Patriot’s Almanac: Daily Readings on America, with John Cribb
- The True Saint Nicholas
- A Century Turns: New Hopes, New Fears
- The Book of Man: Readings on the Path to Manhood
- The Fight of our Lives, co-authored with Seth Leibsohn
- Is College Worth It? with David Wilezol
- Going to Pot: Why the Rush to Legalize Marijuana Is Harming America, with Robert A. White
- Tried by Fire: The Story of Christianity’s First Thousand Years
William Bennett Salary|Net Worth
He has an estimated salary ranging between $70,000 – $125,000 and has an estimated net worth of $15 Million which he earned from his broadcasting career.
William Bennett Social Media Platforms
He is very active on social media platforms and has over 41.4k followers on Twitter, 500 followers on Instagram, and over 4k followers on Facebook.