John MacArthur Biography
John MacArthur jr is an American protest pastor and author who hosts the internationally syndicated Christian radio and television program Grace to You. Since February 9, 1969, he has been the pastor of Grace Community Church, a non -denominational church in Sun Valley, California. Currently, he’s the chancellor of emeritus of the Master’s University in santa clarita and The master’s Seminary.
MacArthur has been acknowledged by Christianity today as one of the most influential preachers of his time. He is also a proponent of expository preaching.
John MacArthur Age| Birthday
How old is MacArthur? He is 84 years as of 2022. He was born on June 19, 1939, in Los Angeles, California, United States of America.
John MacArthur Education
Arthur joined the Free Methodist Church Los Angeles pacific college in 1960, where he observed two games of football, going on the field for one play. He was granted a Master of Divinity from the Bible Institute of Los Angeles new Talbot Theological Seminary, in La Mirada, California in 1963. With honors, Mac Arthur was given an honorary degree from Talbot Theological Seminary (Doctor of Divinity, 1977)from Grace Graduates School.
MacArthur stands on an average height of 5 feet 7 inches and weighs around 70kgs.
John MacArthur Family|Siblings
The grandson of Canadian Anglican minister Harry MacArthur (died 1950) and son of Baptist radio preacher Jack MacArthur (born in Calgary, Canada)and Irene Dockendorf, MacArthur was born in Los Angeles. During a 1979 interview, Pastor MacArthur stated he is “distantly related to General Douglas MacArthur.” He went on to say, “I understand that I’m a fifth cousin, and so it’s quite a distance but nonetheless we are related.”MacArthur followed in his father’s footsteps to enroll at the fundamentalist Bob Jones College from 1957 to 1959.
John MacArthur Career
MacArthur was recruited by his father to the Voice of Calvary singing quartet, often broadcasted on Christian radio in southern California. He was hired by his father from 1964-1966 as an associate pastor at Harry MacArthur Memorial Bible Church(now Calvary Bible Church in Burbank, California). MacArthur was also hired as the faculty representative for Talbot Theological Seminary from 1966 to 1969. In 1969 on February 9 he was hired as the third and youngest pastor at the nondenominational Grace Community Church of Sun Valley, California.
In 1985, MacArthur was made president of Los Angeles Baptist College, now The Master’s University, a four-year Christian liberal arts college. He was made president of the New Masters Seminary in 1986. MacArthur completed one of his own life goals, Nearly 43 years after beginning in the pulpit of Grace Community, that of preaching through the entire New Testament on June 5, 2011
John MacArthur wife
MacArthur got married to his beloved wife, Patricia. They have four children, and fifteen grandchildren, and had two great-grandsons in 2017.
John MacArthur Children
They have four children, and fifteen grandchildren, and had two great-grandsons in 2017.
John MacArthur Publications
- Twelve Ordinary Men: How the Master Shaped His Disciples for Greatness, and What He Wants to Do with You (May 8, 2006)
- One Perfect Life: The Complete Story of the Lord Jesus (March 4, 2013)
- Anxious for Nothing: God’s Cure for the Cares of Your Soul (John Macarthur Study) (February 1, 2012)
- Safe in the Arms of God: Truth from Heaven About the Death of a Child (July 8, 2003)
- Saved Without A Doubt: Being Sure of Your Salvation (January 1, 2010)
- The Charismatics: A Doctrinal Perspective Hardback (1978)
- Fundamentals of the Faith: 13 Lessons to Grow in the Grace and Knowledge of Jesus Christ (February 24, 2009)
- The Charismatic Softback (1978)
- Gospel According to Jesus (1989)
- Charismatic Chaos (1993)
- Our Sufficiency in Christ (1998)
- Ashamed of the Gospel: When the Church Becomes Like the World (2001)
- Think Biblically!: Recovering a Christian Worldview (2003)
- Fool’s Gold?: Discerning Truth in an Age of Error (2005)
- The Jesus You Can’t Ignore: What You Must Learn from the Bold Confrontations of Christ (2009)
- Strange Fire: The Danger of Offending the Holy Spirit with Counterfeit Worship (2013)
- Right Thinking in a Church Gone Astray: Finding Our Way Back to Biblical Truth (2017)
- The Gospel According to Paul: Embracing the Good News at the Heart of Paul’s Teachings (2017)
- Biblical Doctrine: A Systematic Summary of Bible Truth (2017)
- None Other: Discovering the God of the Bible (2017)
- Worship: The Ultimate Priority (2012)
- Parables (2015)